Uttana Padasana--the Leg Lift--is a simple, safe and effective posture that has been forgotten by modern western iterations of Ghosh Yoga.
This is a posture that was demonstrated and instructed by Buddha Bose, Dr. Gouri Shankar Mukerji, Dr. PS Das, and Bishnu Ghosh himself. It is among 32 exercises that Ghosh considered appropriate to teach to the average population.
The position strengthens the hip flexors and the abdomen, helping to stabilize the spine. It is practically without contraindication, meaning it is safe for just about everybody.
Scott & Ida are Yoga Acharyas (Masters of Yoga). They are scholars as well as practitioners of yogic postures, breath control and meditation. They are the head teachers of Ghosh Yoga.
- The 113 Postures of Ghosh Yoga
- Make the Hamstrings Strong, Not Long
- Understanding Chair Posture
- Lock the Knee History
- It Doesn't Matter If Your Head Is On Your Knee
- Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- 5 Reasons To Backbend
- Origins of Standing Bow
- The Traditional Yoga In Bikram's Class
- What About the Women?!
- Through Bishnu's Eyes
- Why Teaching Is Not a Personal Practice