"The Locust Pose has the same health effect as Bhujangasana [Cobra Pose]. However, it emphasizes the lower parts of the spine, the sacrum and the hips. You could call this Purna-Bhujangasana (Full Cobra Pose). Some experts are of the opinion that after practicing Bhujangasana twice one must practice Shalabhasana once. Others say practice Bhujangasana one week and then one week of Shalabhasana." (p.37)
From 84 Yoga Asanas by Dr. Gouri Shankar Mukerji.
Scott & Ida are Yoga Acharyas (Masters of Yoga). They are scholars as well as practitioners of yogic postures, breath control and meditation. They are the head teachers of Ghosh Yoga.
- The 113 Postures of Ghosh Yoga
- Make the Hamstrings Strong, Not Long
- Understanding Chair Posture
- Lock the Knee History
- It Doesn't Matter If Your Head Is On Your Knee
- Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- 5 Reasons To Backbend
- Origins of Standing Bow
- The Traditional Yoga In Bikram's Class
- What About the Women?!
- Through Bishnu's Eyes
- Why Teaching Is Not a Personal Practice