At every step along the way our ego can hinder us or set us on the wrong path.
When we are beginning it is easy to discount the teacher,
Resisting any information that doesn't confirm what we already believe.
When we improve we notice our growing power,
Basking in newfound strength and understanding.
When we teach we see others who know less than us,
And harden the belief that we are greater.
No one is immune to the pitfalls of ego, from the beginner to the master.
Scott & Ida are Yoga Acharyas (Masters of Yoga). They are scholars as well as practitioners of yogic postures, breath control and meditation. They are the head teachers of Ghosh Yoga.
- The 113 Postures of Ghosh Yoga
- Make the Hamstrings Strong, Not Long
- Understanding Chair Posture
- Lock the Knee History
- It Doesn't Matter If Your Head Is On Your Knee
- Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- 5 Reasons To Backbend
- Origins of Standing Bow
- The Traditional Yoga In Bikram's Class
- What About the Women?!
- Through Bishnu's Eyes
- Why Teaching Is Not a Personal Practice