NEW 2nd edition — INTERMEDIATE
Instruction in these postures:
Standing Deep Breathing — Lifting Elbows & Neck Extension
Standing Deep Breathing — Chest Expansion & Calf Exercise
Nauli, Stage 1 — 4 Part Breath
Nauli, Stage 2 — Udddiyana
Sun Salute (Ghosh)
Sun Salute (Original)
Half Moon Backbend
Hands to Feet B
Separate Arms Balancing Stick
Standing Head to Knee
Palmstand & Fingerstand
Twisting / Side Crow
Twisting / Side Crane
Tiger, Preparations 1 & 2
Plow Warm Up, Plow & Knees to Ears
Headstand, Preparations 1 & 2
Full Cobra, Preparation
Full Bow, Preparations 1 & 2
Full Camel, Preparation 1
Leg Behind the Head, Preparation 1
FOCUS :: BALANCE :: PRACTICE
- 50 intermediate postures from the Ghosh Yoga Lineage.
- Detailed instructions and step-by-step photos for the setup and execution of each posture.
- Explanations of the purpose, intention and benefits of each posture.
- Building blocks for more difficult postures.
- Male and female bodies in each posture.
- Complete and short-form posture series for your practice.
A BALANCE OF EXERCISE AND THERAPY
Ghosh Yoga was founded in Calcutta, India by Bishnu Charan Ghosh, a bodybuilder and "physical culturist" who was a master of the human body and mind. The yoga is designed to stretch and strengthen all the muscles of the body as well as massage internal organs and glands, improving circulation and respiration and creating overall health in the body.