Instruction in these postures:
Standing Deep Breathing
Half Moon Sidebend
Half Moon Backbend
Hands to Feet
Standing Separate Legs Head to Knee
Standing Hand to Foot
Standing Separate Legs Stretching
Toestand (both feet)
Wind Removing, Lying
Wind Removing, Seated
Firm & Reclining Hero
Forehead to Knee
Separate Legs Stretching
Reversed Spinal Twist
HEALTH :: STRENGTH :: PRACTICE
- 39 beginning postures and 3 breathing exercises from the Ghosh Yoga Lineage.
- Detailed instructions and step-by-step photos for the setup and execution of each posture.
- Explanations of the purpose, intention and benefits of each posture.
- Modifications and building blocks to accommodate many body types and skill levels.
- Male and female bodies in each posture.
- Complete and short-form posture series for your practice.
A BALANCE OF EXERCISE AND THERAPY
Ghosh Yoga was founded in Calcutta, India by Bishnu Charan Ghosh, a bodybuilder and "physical culturist" who was a master of the human body and mind. The yoga is designed to stretch and strengthen all the muscles of the body as well as massage internal organs and glands, improving circulation and respiration and creating overall health in the body.