At every step along the way our ego can hinder us or set us on the wrong path.
When we are beginning it is easy to discount the teacher,
Resisting any information that doesn't confirm what we already believe.
When we improve we notice our growing power,
Basking in newfound strength and understanding.
When we teach we see others who know less than us,
And harden the belief that we are greater.
No one is immune to the pitfalls of ego, from the beginner to the master.
Scott & Ida are Yoga Acharyas (Masters of Yoga). They are the head teachers of Ghosh Yoga. This blog is about their experience with yoga practice, study and teaching.
- Understanding Chair Posture
- 5 Reasons To Backbend
- Lock the Knee History
- Why Teaching Is Not a Personal Practice
- The 113 Postures of Ghosh Yoga
- Should We Be Teaching Advanced Postures in a Beginning Class?
- The Yogi Becomes Invisible
- Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- The Oxygenation Myth