How old does a posture or practice need to be to be considered "traditional?"
Is it traditional if the practice was originated in the 1970s? The 1950s? The 1930s?
Is it traditional if the practice was originated in the 1700s? The 1500s? The 1200s?
Perhaps just as important: Does it matter if practices are traditional?
Scott & Ida are Yoga Acharyas (Masters of Yoga). They are the head teachers of Ghosh Yoga. This blog is about their experience with yoga practice, study and teaching.
- Understanding Chair Posture
- 5 Reasons To Backbend
- Lock the Knee History
- Why Teaching Is Not a Personal Practice
- The 113 Postures of Ghosh Yoga
- When You Take a Class, Take the Class
- Should We Be Teaching Advanced Postures in a Beginning Class?
- The Yogi Becomes Invisible
- Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- The Oxygenation Myth