Two months ago, we were nearing the completion of this publication - Dr. Gouri Shankar Mukerji's "84 Yoga Asanas" - when a computer crash set us back significantly. Finally, after weeks of redoing the formatting, editing and proofreading work that we had already done once, the proof is ready.
How strange it is, after more than a year of staring at it on a computer screen or in a home-printed mock-up, to get a professional proof complete with the cover. We can flip through it almost as if it were the real thing.
We expect the books to be delivered next week. We will ship them immediately, so if you supported the Kickstarter last fall, expect your book(s) the following week. We are happy and excited to finally get this work out into the world and send it to you soon!
Scott & Ida are Yoga Acharyas (Masters of Yoga). They are the head teachers of Ghosh Yoga. This blog is about their experience with yoga practice, study and teaching.
- Understanding Chair Posture
- 5 Reasons To Backbend
- The Traditional Yoga In Bikram's Class
- Lock the Knee History
- Why Teaching Is Not a Personal Practice
- The Central Psoas
- Make the Hamstrings Strong, Not Long
- The 113 Postures of Ghosh Yoga
- When You Take a Class, Take the Class
- Should We Be Teaching Advanced Postures in a Beginning Class?
- The Yogi Becomes Invisible
- The Power of Alternate Nostril Breathing
- Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- What Is Namaste?
- 80 Years of "Hands to Feet Posture"
- Breathing Through the Nose Improves Some Memory Functions
- We've Forgotten Why We Eat
- The Oxygenation Myth
- Why I Teach Yoga
- Yoga Should Not Be Diluted