We are fortunate to be in so many dedicated yoga communities. This past weekend we were in Vienna at the Yogaloft.
As the presenters of the workshops, it is easy to overlook the huge amount that we learn from each community. Every student's experience is different, and each teacher has seen unique things in their classes.
Every discussion of history, tradition, modern research, intention or physical detail is a window into how we perceive the yoga and ourselves within it.
There is no stupid question, nothing so obvious that it should not be examined, nothing so set-in-stone that it should not be looked under.
Scott & Ida are Yoga Acharyas (Masters of Yoga). They are the head teachers of Ghosh Yoga. This blog is about their experience with yoga practice, study and teaching.
- Understanding Chair Posture
- Lock the Knee History
- It Doesn't Matter If Your Head Is On Your Knee
- 5 Reasons To Backbend
- The Traditional Yoga In Bikram's Class
- What About the Women?!
- What About the Hips?
- Why Teaching Is Not a Personal Practice
- The Central Psoas
- Make the Hamstrings Strong, Not Long
- The 113 Postures of Ghosh Yoga